This Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is a healthy breakfast, loaded with tender apples and fall spices. This dish is easy to prepare especially when you are in a hurry or late for work. It can be prepared in a microwave or on the stovetop. I usually use instant oats to make my breakfast, but you can also use rolled oats or steel-cut oats.
Oats are highly nutritious, they are a good source of carbs and fiber. They are also loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They also contain more protein and fat than most grains. You can boost the nutrition in these oats by adding ground flax seeds, to increase the fiber. You can also add flavored or unflavoured protein powder.
Ingredients I used in this recipe:
- Instant Oats- You can also use rolled oats or steel-cut oats.
- Milk- I used cows milk. If your vegan, substitute it with any nut milk of your choice. If you don’t like milk, you can use water. I mostly use water most of the time, especially when I am suffering from acid reflux.
- Dates syrup- You can substitute this with maple, agave syrup, or honey.
- Apple- You can substitute with canned Peaches or Pears.
- Toppings- I used Chia seeds and pumpkin seeds, to give it an extra crunch to the dish. You can also use chopped nuts like almonds, cashews or walnuts.
Apple Cinnamon Oats
Preparation time:10 min
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup water or milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 apple, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- pinch of nutmeg powder
- 1 tbsp dates syrup
- salt to taste
- Toppings-Chia seeds, Pumpkin seeds
- In a saucepan, add oats, water or milk, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder. Bring to a boil until the oats get cooked.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- In a frying pan, add butter and chopped apples. Cook until the apples change color, do not burn the apples.
- Remove from heat. Transfer the cooked apples on top of the oats.
- Stir in the dates syrup and salt. Adjust to taste.
- Serve with a splash of water or milk if desired.
Nutrition Facts: Calories318 kcal, Total Fat: 14.4g, Saturated Fat: 7.7g, Cholesterol: 31mg, Sodium: 247mg, Total Carbohydrate: 43.8g, Dietary Fiber: 6.8g, Total Sugars: 12.7g, Protein: 5.8g, Vitamin D: 8mcg, Calcium: 32mg, Iron: 2mg, Potassium: 273mg.
*The nutritional information are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this data.