Make Pumpkin puree at home from scratch. It requires only one ingredient and that is Pumpkin. I have done this recipe using the boiling method which is easy and fast. Make sure you buy a good red pumpkin. Do not use Halloween pumpkins they do not taste good.
You can use this pumpkin puree to make different recipes like my Pumpkin walnut spice cake, pumpkin soup, pumpkin spice pancakes, pumpkin cupcakes etc.
How to make Pumpkin Puree
1. Clean the pumpkin, remove the seeds and any stringy flesh. Remove the skin of the pumpkin. Be careful while removing the skin, you may end up cutting your finger( which I always end up doing). Cut the pumpkin into cubes and put them in a vessel.
2. Pour water over the cut pumpkin. The pumpkin should be immersed in water completely. Keep the pot on medium-high flame and cook the pumpkins for about 20-25 minutes or until the flesh is tender when pierced with a knife.
3. Drain the cooked pumpkin with a strainer. Let the pumpkin cool down. Puree the pumpkin in a food processor or blender. Do not add any water while blending.
4. Your pumpkin puree is ready.
Homemade Pumpkin Puree
Yield: 2 cups
- 1 kg red pumpkin
- Clean the pumpkin with water. Remove the seeds and stringy flesh. Remove the skin from the pumpkin.
- Cut the pumpkin into even-sized cubes. Put them into a pot. Add water. The pumpkin should be completely immersed in water.
- Cook the pumpkin for 20-25 minutes or until the flesh becomes tender when pierced with a knife.
- Drain the Pumpkin into a strainer. Cool the pumpkins and blend them in a food processor or blender.
- Your Pumpkin puree is ready.