This is an easy noodle dish which can be prepared in less than 15 minutes with a simple Asian vinegarette and is quite healthy compared to the other type of noodles. This is one dish I always do when I don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
The word Soba comes from the Japanese name for buckwheat. Soba noodles are thin noodles made from buckwheat flour. It has high nutritional value. It is high in Thiamin (vitamin b1), protein and soluble fibre. It is also free from gluten.
Soba noodles with vegetables is a vegan dish. I have used soy sauce as a base for the vinegarette. You can substitute soy sauce with tamari sauce to make it gluten-free.
Soba Noodles With Vegetables
Preparation time:10 min
Total Time:25 min
Yield: 2 servings
- 750g Soba Noodles
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch ginger, chopped
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 orange or green bell pepper, julienned
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
For the vinegarette
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Cook the soba noodles according to the instructions on the package. Rinse in a colander with cold water to prevent the soba noodles from overcooking.
- In a small bowl, add soy sauce, vinegar, red chilli flakes, sugar and sesame oil. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Keep it aside.
- In a pan on a medium-high flame, add oil, garlic and ginger. Saute till the garlic is slightly browned.
- Add the vegetables. Saute for 2-3 min or till the bell peppers are partially cooked. Do not cook the veggies completely, the veggies should be crunchy.
- Add the cooked soba noodles. Add the vinegarette. Mix everything together.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds. Serve hot.