Easy Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy ready in 30 minutes!
Salisbury steak is one comforting dish which is easy to make on any busy weeknight. I first saw this recipe on tasty (food website) and I wanted to try this dish. But due to some reason (which I don’t remember), I completely forgot about this dish. Then one fine day as I was staring at my fridge thinking of what to prepare for dinner. I chanced upon my beef mince packet, which was lying around in my fridge. I suddenly remembered about the steak recipe which I saw in tasty, and I ended up making this dish. And Boy was it delicious! I was so glad that my forgetful mind reminded me to make this dish. Now it has become a regular in my house.
This recipe includes making beef patties and cooking them in rich mushroom sauce/gravy.
I used full-fat beef mince as it makes the patties super moist and juicy. Do not use lean beef mince as it will make your patties dry when cooked. I used button mushrooms, you can use whatever mushrooms you want.
The mince is mixed with breadcrumbs and seasonings, then shaped into rounds or oval. The patties are then slightly browned on the pan. Do not cook them fully as we will finish cooking them in the gravy. Then a simple gravy is made with mushrooms, beef broth and all-purpose flour which makes the gravy thick. If you cannot find beef broth in your region you can use two beef bullion cubes and dissolve them in 2 cups of water.
Once you make this recipe, there will be no stopping you from making this again.
I served this steak with mashed potatoes and my Israeli Salad.
Preparation time:10 min
Total Time:30 min
Yield: 3-4 servings
For the beef patties
- 500g beef mince
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
For mushroom gravy
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 and 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp parsley, chopped for garnish
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients mentioned under beef patties. Mix everything well. Take a small portion of the mixture and shape them into round or oval patties. Continue till you use up all the meat mixture. You should be able to get 8 patties.
- In a pan, on medium-high heat, add butter. Place the patties and cook each side for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Do not cook the patties fully. Leave them half cooked. Remove from pan and place them on a plate. Keep it aside.
- Mushroom gravy- In the same pan, add mushrooms. Saute till the mushrooms become brown. Add all-purpose flour, stir and then add beef broth. Mix everything well.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook the gravy. The gravy will thicken up. Once the gravy starts to boil. Add the patties. Simmer the gravy till the patties are fully cooked.
- Garnish with parsley leaves. Serve it hot with mashed potatoes and a salad of your choice.