These Oatmeal cookies are absolutely healthy with no added sugar and extremely low in calories. These are delicious and a fun-filled snack for kids and adults. My toddler loves these and they get finished within a day!
I have not used any sugar in these cookies. The sweetness comes from the bananas! yes, you heard it right. Make sure that you use ripe bananas with dark spots on the skin. The more ripe the bananas the sweeter they are. The second most important ingredient is instant oats. You can also use rolled oats just pulse them in your blender and voila your instant oats are now ready to use.
The third ingredient used is almond butter. I used home-made one, store-bought is also fine. The almond butter adds nuttiness to the cookies. Apart from these ingredients, you can add any add-ins you like. I added raisins and dried cranberries. You can also add chocolate chips. I wanted it sugar-free so I skipped the chocolate chips. Feel free to add in whatever you like.
Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
Preparation time:15 min
Cooking time:12 min
Total Time:27 min
Yield: 12 cookies
- 2 cups instant oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp black raisins
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven at 180C for 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl, add the bananas and mash them with a fork. Then add the rest of the ingredients. Mix till everything is well combined.
- Divide the dough into 12 round-shaped cookies and then flatten them to 1cm in thickness. Place the cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and place the cookies on a cooling rack.
Nutrition Facts:Calories70 kcal, Total Fat: 3.2g, Saturated Fat: 0.8g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 52mg, Total Carbohydrate: 9.7g, Dietary Fiber: 1.3g, Total Sugars: 2.6g, Protein: 1.6g, Vitamin D: 0mcg, Calcium: 6mg, Iron: 1mg, Potassium: 116mg.