Dive into this gooey chocolate lava mug cake which is moist and fudgy in under 50 seconds!
Have you ever craved for just a small piece of cake but do not want to bake an entire cake? This recipe just gives you that rich, moist, fudgy and gooey cake done in a mug and that too in a microwave. How good is that? You can now enjoy an individual mug cake all by yourself.
This chocolate mug cake is eggless and does not contain butter. I have used oil which gives that moistness to the cake. This cake can be made vegan by using dairy-free chocolate.
Look at that molten chocolate on the spoon. Just looking at the picture makes me drool. So why drool over this? Make one for yourself right now.
let’s get started!
Microwave Chocolate Lava Mug Cake
Preparation time:5 min
Cooking time:50 sec
Total Time:5 min 50 sec
Yield: 1 serving
- mug or ramekin (it should hold 200mlof water)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 28 gm (1 0z) compound chocolate, chopped
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients except compound chocolate.
- Pour the combined mixture into a mug or ramekin. Place the chopped chocolate in the centre of the mug and with the help of a spoon just cover the chocolate with the cake batter slightly. You can also add extra chocolate on top of the cake batter.
- Microwave the cake for 50 sec on high power. (I used a 1000 watts microwave. Every microwave is different. Do check yours. Start with 40 secs and then depending on your cake you can extend it up to a minute).
- Your chocolate lava mug cake is ready. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Calories 489 cal, Total Fat: 29.6g, Saturated Fat: 4.8g, Cholesterol: 3mg, Sodium: 175mg, Total Carbohydrate: 56.6g, Dietary Fiber: 4.1g, Total Sugars: 25.8g, Protein: 6.2g, Vitamin D: 0mcg, Calcium: 162mg, Iron: 3mg, Potassium: 576mg.