This is my absolute favorite brownie recipe. They are fudgy, rich, chocolatey, and extremely moist. These are better than the boxed brownies and are made entirely from scratch.
This is the basic brownie recipe and can be easily customized to your liking. I have kept it simple by not adding any toppings. You can add chopped walnuts, chocolate chips or mixed nuts or whatever you like.
This brownie recipe is dense, chocolatey and has a perfect crinkly top. This recipe does not call for melted chocolate, as I like to keep my recipes simple. So there you go one less burden in the kitchen! I have used only cocoa powder here. Make sure you use a good brand.
The flour I used here is whole wheat flour. You can also use all purpose flour. It does not make much of a difference.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
Yield: Serves 16 slices
- Whole wheat flour or All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder- 1 cup
- Brown sugar- 1 cup
- White granulated sugar- 1/2 cup
- salt- 1/2 tsp
- Melted butter- 200gms
- Eggs- 4
- Vanilla Extract- 1 tbsp
- Grease a 9X9 inch square baking tray and line it with parchment paper. Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 15 mins.
- In a bowl, sift the whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract, brown sugar and white sugar.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix everything with a spatula. Do not overmix. You can add nuts or Choco chips at this stage if using.
- Pour the thick batter into the greased pan and bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 mins. Do not overbake, otherwise the brownies will turn dry. A toothpick when inserted will have some moist crumbs.
- Once baked, cut them into slices and serve them warm or cold. Enjoy the brownies as it is or with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
One Comment Add yours
These looks delicious!