This post was suppose to be my Blondies recipe, but I was craving for coffee flavored desserts so I ended up making this one. My first attempt on making this Coffee Chocolate Chip Blondies was a huge success and we just cant have enough of this that I ended up making a second batch.
This dessert has a strong coffee flavor with hints of chocolate and are outrageously tasty. You will be craving for more even before you finish having one piece. If you are a coffee lover this dessert is an absolute treat for you.
These Coffee Chocolate Chip Blondies are rich in coffee and chocolatey and absolutely moist with a crackly top. These are made healthy by replacing All purpose flour with Whole wheat flour. The batter is super thick but don’t worry they bake up absolutely fine.
Coffee Chocolate Chip Blondies
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
Yield: Serves 16 slices
- Whole wheat flour- 2 cups, spooned and levelled
- Baking Powder- 1 tsp
- Brown Sugar- 1 and 1/2 cup
- Instant Coffee Powder- 2 tbsp dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water ( I used Nescafe)
- Vanilla extract- 1 tbsp
- Melted Unsalted butter- 200gm
- Eggs- 2
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Chocolate Chips- 100gm
- Preheat your oven at 180 degree Celsius for 15 min. Grease a 9x 9 inch square pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift and whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt. Set it aside.
- In another bowl, combine the melted butter, dissolved coffee, eggs, vanilla extract and sugar. Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir gently to combine.
- The batter will be thick but don’t worry. Using a spatula spread the batter evenly on to the prepared greased pan.
- Bake for 20 – 25 min. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out with just a few crumbs.
- Transfer the pan onto a cooling rack. Lift the parchment paper and cut the blondies to your preferred size. Serve it warm.