This is my easy, go-to salad which can be prepared in a jiffy. I prepare salads 2 to 3 times a week. It is something which we always want along with our main course. Salads are usually done with whatever vegetables are available in your garden. But, in this case, it’s my fridge. I don’t have a garden to grow my own vegetables, but one day I will.
This is my version of Lettuce salad, which can be prepared with ingredients already available in your fridge. It does not require any fancy dressings. Lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper is all you need.
So let’s get started.
Lettuce Salad with Cucumber and Tomatoes
Preparation time:10 min
Cooking time:5 min
Total Time:15 min
- 1 bunch of Lettuce
- 2 small English Cucumbers
- 2 large tomatoes (or 2 cups cherry tomatoes)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup dill leaves (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the vegetables and pat dry with a kitchen towel to remove excess water from the Lettuce.
- Chop the vegetables and put them in a salad bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts:Total Fat: 2.8g, Saturated Fat: 0.4g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium 41mg, Total Carbohydrate: 9.5g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Total Sugars: 4.1g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin D: 0mcg, Calcium: 60mg, Iron: 3mg, Potassium: 469mg.
*The nutritional information are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this data.